SWC Radio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWC Radio

Free online radio for the SWC server on WoW

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
polar

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-08-31

THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS Empty
PostSubject: THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS   THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 10:53 pm

allrighty this is a guide on how to to connect to the server with your winamp so you can do your show.

first go to www.shoutcast.com and go to the download section and click on the "be a DJ" link
follow the instructions you see there

when you're done installiing the plug in for winamp then you need to set it up right

go to
this forum and follow the instructions here aswell
REMEMBER skip the section with the server setup since this has allredy been done on our hosting server.

so after you get the password to connect to the server from POLAR i will not post it here since it's only for SWC radio and not for any other people

now you can play music like i do but you're not done yet now the hardest part of the setup

you need to setup the settings so you can talk on air
go to this site and follow the instructions CAREFULLY since this can be VERY easily be screwed up badly
and i really mean badly i had to do an automated windows recovery cuz i screwed it up so this is VERY important

you will need someone in your guild to to go on teamspeak or ventrilo so they can tell you how it sounds like when you try to say something over the music, i will not help you with this since i could do nothing but this for the next month then.

once you get that to work you're ready to start your show
Back to top Go down
fix

fix

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS   THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 7:04 am

Can you connect to the server with another broadcasting program like nicecast?
Back to top Go down
Snorkyorky

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-05-31

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS   THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 10:31 am

DO we need winamp and a mic first?
Back to top Go down
polar

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS   THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 12:43 pm

you dont need a mike to broad cast but i dont see any point to do a radio show without one.

fix i'm not sure if you can use icecast i would suggest you have alook at the shoutcast forums to see if that's possible
Back to top Go down
fix

fix

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS   THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 12:28 am

Nope canīt use nicecast and I canīt download winanp because I use a mac. But can you use skype with shotcast? If you can I can co host with someone.
Back to top Go down
polar

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS   THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 1:14 am

that's possible but you can also use teamspeak or ventrilo.

i will be usibg ventrrilo on sunday for my first interveiw
Back to top Go down
Snorkyorky

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-05-31

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS   THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 10:21 am

Who you interviewing?
Back to top Go down
polar

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS   THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 12:17 am

sasaya
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS   THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THIS IS FOR SHOW HOSTS
Page 1 of 1